Over the course of the past few years, we’ve seen the bottom fall out of the financial markets, the country has slipped into a deep recession, and the unemployment rate has skyrocketed as companies trim back on payrolls, cut salaries, benefits, and other expenses with surgical precision. Over the same time frame, we’ve seen the actual cost of an employee nearly double as health insurance premiums spiral out of control, taxes increase, and production decreases in the work force. And, we cannot help but wonder, where is it all headed?
Not surprisingly, early indicators in key fields like construction, the trades, and now even in white collar jobs, are pointing to the trend of “outsourcing” as much as possible, up to and including key personnel. For example, where construction companies once employed project managers, superintendents, and laborers, most of these positions are now held by subcontractors, or people who are technically “in business for themselves,” meaning they are used strictly on a job by job basis, and the company who is utilizing the subcontractor has no employment liability whatsoever. Meaning, no “salaried” positions, no benefits, no employment taxes, no worker’s compensation, no vacations, holiday pay….the list goes on and on.
We’re now seeing this trend spread into the white collar world, as former key executives who were laid off, or whose positions were eliminated, are finding potential employers now proposing to contract the services of an individual, as opposed to hiring that individual as a full time, permanent employee. This approach literally saves the company thousands of dollars on every position that can be converted to subcontracted services. And, as the economic climate changes, and the markets readjust, we suspect that this may become the standard operating procedure in many professions.
And, who knows, given the direction that our country as a whole is taking, this may be the only way that private enterprise can survive.
What will this mean for you and me? It means a return to the days when there were no benefits, no health insurance (unless you count what the government is trying to do, but that’s another article in itself), no vacation or sick time, and no stability. For any of us who finds ourselves in the position of being a “subcontractor,” it means that our positions within the companies that we work for will become even less secure, with a day by day uncertainty, as there will be nothing to bind us to the companies we were once employed by. And, even though a company may have to pay a little more up front for a subcontractor, the savings will be substantial when all other factors are taken into account.
So why am i ranting about this and what has it to do with shifting house. Well recently I lost my job so we had to down size which included hiring a trusted Moving Company It was a huge project for us as we have been there for 20 years and we had a lot of stuff to move. Shifting our furniture required a specialist which is owned by the same outfit actually and the only difference is they specialise in furniture where as the other ones do household items.
It works out about the same price to move as using one company but only problem is organising both of them.
Don’t believe it? Look around. It’s already here.
Shifting is needed in every sector of life. The day to day shifting system is done through big trucks or loaders that are used to transport things from one place to another. Several kind of packing equipment is needed to cover the trucking to avoid any kind of damage that may be caused due to weather. Factory owners need a lot of things that can carry products in raw or processed form. Most of the factories own their own equipment like the:
- Vans : vans are usually used for transporting different types of things that need to be transported in a temperature control environment, the vans are usually such that they have a closed place that has a temperature control system. it is quite easy to transport medicines and food items in them.
- Flatbeds: These kinds of equipment transporting trucks are used for transporting big products. The products are those that are to be transported across the border to other countries. To avoid any kind of damage they are used. Such transport fulfillment services are those that can be locked well or covered with big plastic blanket sheets that can avoid damage. The flatbed trucking companies’ trucks are also used for inter city transportation. The charges for the transportation are different according to the flatbed trucking companies and also according to the distance.
- Heavy Haul: the heavy haul trucking companies are those that have trucks that can hold really heavy equipment. The engines of these heavy haul trucks are very powerful as they have to bear the weight of very heavy equipment. Usually the equipment that is transported through the heavy haul trucks is the machinery or plants of factories that are used to make other products.
- Box Trucks: box trucks are usually used in transporting eatable things from one place to another. The box trucks usually have small gates on one side and a rear door that rolls up. The box trucks may also be used to transport small home equipment during shifting. The size of a box truck is usually the same in length as that of an ambulance while it is a bit more in height.
- Hot Shots: the hot shot trucking is actually the transportation business that needs to be looked after by the people who require a side business. All those who own a truck and want to bring it into some kind of use can enroll themselves with freight companies. They pay according to the miles per week or the distance traveled per month.
All kind of freight delivery is done at the distribution warehouses. The distribution warehouses are big areas with very high roofs. These distribution warehouses are used by different factories as their stock keeping places. Here the pick and pack fulfillment work is also done. Usually the distribution warehouses are extended with the factories and from here the freight delivery is picked by different trucks and supplied forward. It is very important for different fulfillment service trucking companies to keep track of the business of different factories as they require transportation and it is a good way to make use of trucks and earn money.